Thanks Thanks:  17
Likes Likes:  65
Dislikes Dislikes:  1

Thread: What did you do with your Miata today?

Deep state actor ☚☻☛ Agent☣Orange's Avatar
    Drives
    Lilí red Corvette
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do with your Miata today?

Quality stuff. Not enough Miaters with money.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

BTW, I will not sell this to anyone outside this group.
    I don't have to sell it but I am making room for stuff so some stuff needs to go.
    Already sold 2 hulls today so the Smurf will have a cozy spot while it waits for a new body.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Withe the last NB rolling off the production line 10 years ago, what would be the point to keep producing supercharger kits ?

💫 Chief Gearhead 2K+
    Post Thanks / Like

OMG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The past 4 weekends have been the weekends from HELL !!!

brief summary............g ot the car back from Stu at BSI and after 700 miles developed a tick
    removed cam cover
    cam caps
    cam

shims and buckets are good, no reason for tick ( after the BP5A cam has been replaced)

broke two cam cap bolts, destroyed one cam cap tube scored the caps and journal. How you ask ? Put the motor back together, yours truly reversed two of the cam caps. The motor/cams seized in 3 revolutions breaking the timing belt, that proved to be a lucky thing

used 400 grit to sand out visible and too the touch defects in cam , caps, and journals.

Now on 6 Xanax and two new meds from doctor.............. xtra strength happy pills. After much swearing, bleeding knuckles followed by more swearing, in spite of advice I switched to 20w 50 oil.
    Rebuild motor add oil, cross fingers and pray to patron saint of mechanics ( being a good Jewish boy I have no idea who that might be ) finished the prayer, kicked the tires and fired her up

So far so good. Tick is gone, oil pressure and water tempos are good. Going to put 100 miles on the motor and change the oil. Pray for me and my car. It appears that I may have escaped a devastated head and cams. Thank God they were not the new 1,000.00 cams.
    Last edited by Thumper 13; 08-17-2014 at 05:58 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Not of the religious kind but I'm praying.
    Not for you, for the motor. :)

I'm just swapping over suspensions from the wreck to the Egg and vice versa.

Drives
    1999 MX5
    Post Thanks / Like

One reason for having a trac/street car and one to drive on the street/road that's reliable. Can only afford one at this time. Hope the garage was air conditioned. It was hot as hell this weekend. Know a guy named Boris that does A/C work.
    99 Emerald Mica, 01 Header, Ground Control Springs w/Bilstein HDs. Thompson CAI, High Flow cat w/Borla Exhaust, Fab9 COP's
    Good Judgement Comes From Experience
    Experience Comes From Bad Judgement

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm surrounded by AC units yet I still chose to work on the car outside today.
    It was lovely.

💫 Chief Gearhead 2K+
    Post Thanks / Like

This car will be trailered to all events except for some local errands and Orlando meets. Once I am certain the head has survived the 'spensive cams go in, she will be tuned for 100/105 octane although the squirt has the ability to tune for 3 other maps, there will not be many places to stop for fuel SO she will be towed behind either my Sorento or 3/4 ton work van.

✨ Senior Gearhead 3K+ SmileyFace's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow!
    Mario E Ordonez
    SmileyFace is a 2014 MX-5 Miata NC dressed in Black Mica and Coco cinnamon leather seats.

💫 Chief Gearhead 2K+
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by minuteman048 View Post
    One reason for having a trac/street car and one to drive on the street/road that's reliable. Can only afford one at this time. Hope the garage was air conditioned. It was hot as hell this weekend. Know a guy named Boris that does A/C work.
    NO a/c just a fan pushing hot air around. It has been hot the past 4 weekends.