Thanks Thanks:  17
Likes Likes:  65
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
Page 51 of 119 FirstFirst ... 61116212631364146474849505152535455566166717681869196101 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do with your Miata today?

Deep state actor ☚☻☛ Agent☣Orange's Avatar
    Drives
    Lilí red Corvette
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do with your Miata today?

You should have said what it costs to buy one of those on your island. ;)

Post Thanks / Like

Finally got my drivers seat repaired. The 3R's Trim Shop near Easly, SC replaced the seat bottom and the driver's left "wing" panel. Also made me some Arm Rest pads to covers up a wear spot on the driver's door. They had her two weeks but the product matches well.
    I've been collecting sound proofing parts for a fall "tune up". I'm gonna se if I can Calm the noise storm inside her a little.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dick29662 View Post
    Finally got my drivers seat repaired. The 3R's Trim Shop near Easly, SC replaced the seat bottom and the driver's left "wing" panel. Also made me some Arm Rest pads to covers up a wear spot on the driver's door. They had her two weeks but the product matches well.
    I've been collecting sound proofing parts for a fall "tune up". I'm gonna se if I can Calm the noise storm inside her a little.
    If you have not already looked, go back through the DIY section here. Three of the members have done soundproofing jobs.

You might find some suggestions that you could use.

Yellow Yada did the whole job, Minuteman and I did the rear half of the car, I put some in my door panels. Look around you will see what seems to work.

Yellow also took his glove box apart, carpeted it and added soundproofing between the inner and outer shell. It sounds solid as a rock and the stuff inside does not rattle around.
    2000: 01+ Mani, FM VMaxx XXtreme Sport, NRG 330mm Wheel, S-Drives, R-Speed Lip, HDHCHT Rollbar, Big ass airhorns

Post Thanks / Like

150 Euros = 187.93500 U.S. dollars incl. shipping from UK (United Kingdom) to Mallorca.

Quote Originally Posted by YellowYata View Post
    You should have said what it costs to buy one of those on your island. ;)

Post Thanks / Like

You know what I did to my Miata today?? I kicked the radio because the CD Player is spitting out my CD's now.. ugh!!!! I just bought a CD a few days ago too, lol.

Post Thanks / Like

I had mine pinstriped the other day. I tried doing it myself but I found out my eye isn't as good as it should be for them kind of things. I would post a picture but it's raining out.
    COPPERHEAD

Post Thanks / Like

I did a little "fine tuning" on my home made CAI. (Thanks Minuteman for the bag of misc parts). I got it stabilized. No more vibrations. I removed the old "deflector" that held the two relays near where the old intake horn was and mounted the relays using the 10mm bolts and holes from the deflector.

I was missing a couple of fasteners for the front bumper cover from the paint and body work days, they came in from Mazda and while I was looking for things to do in the rain, I put them on.

I am waiting on my Mishimoto (sp???) radiator, thats the next mod. Let's see how long it takes to get here from Texas, I ordered it last Thursday in hopes that I would be able to install it over Labor Day Weekend. I hope it drops the engine temp a few degrees. I don't think it runs any hotter than all the other Miatas, I just think that whatever I can do to keep it cool will help performance. Looking at my fleabay OBD reader, it seems to reach peak temp of 220! I would like to see it at 180. We put a 160 degree thermostat in it when we did the water pump (thanks to all the guys that showed up and helped) in April
    2000: 01+ Mani, FM VMaxx XXtreme Sport, NRG 330mm Wheel, S-Drives, R-Speed Lip, HDHCHT Rollbar, Big ass airhorns

Drives
    1999 MX5
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2001SE View Post
    I did a little "fine tuning" on my home made CAI. (Thanks Minuteman for the bag of misc parts). I got it stabilized. No more vibrations. I removed the old "deflector" that held the two relays near where the old intake horn was and mounted the relays using the 10mm bolts and holes from the deflector.

I was missing a couple of fasteners for the front bumper cover from the paint and body work days, they came in from Mazda and while I was looking for things to do in the rain, I put them on.

I am waiting on my Mishimoto (sp???) radiator, thats the next mod. Let's see how long it takes to get here from Texas, I ordered it last Thursday in hopes that I would be able to install it over Labor Day Weekend. I hope it drops the engine temp a few degrees. I don't think it runs any hotter than all the other Miatas, I just think that whatever I can do to keep it cool will help performance. Looking at my fleabay OBD reader, it seems to reach peak temp of 220! I would like to see it at 180. We put a 160 degree thermostat in it when we did the water pump (thanks to all the guys that showed up and helped) in April
    You can buy another hardware kit from Autozone (I think) or order it directly from Spectre.
    99 Emerald Mica, 01 Header, Ground Control Springs w/Bilstein HDs. Thompson CAI, High Flow cat w/Borla Exhaust, Fab9 COP's
    Good Judgement Comes From Experience
    Experience Comes From Bad Judgement

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by minuteman048 View Post
    You can buy another hardware kit from Autozone (I think) or order it directly from Spectre.
    Thanks, I got it sorted out.
    Between the parts I had and the bits and pieces that you gave me, I got it tied down nice.

I did a little "Rube Goldberg" work. Long story... pictures would not help. I use the Spectre braces that you gave me to support the tubular parts which was fine. But the filter itself, beyond the tubes and angles still felt a little floppy. I noticed that it ended very close to the shock tower brace (from a 01+) so I ended up drilling the brace and bolting a rubber bumper the sits just inside the center opening of the filter for support.
    I used an old sway bar bushing and two washers on the bolt to make a rubber "resting place" for the filter. It keeps the hole thing from being floppy but lets it vibrate (normal engine vibration and touque flex) without being so rigid that it vibrates apart over time.

Deep state actor ☚☻☛ Agent☣Orange's Avatar
    Drives
    Lilí red Corvette
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stormyblue View Post
    I had mine pinstriped the other day. I tried doing it myself but I found out my eye isn't as good as it should be for them kind of things. I would post a picture but it's raining out.
    Still waiting for that picture. I get it looks great. By the way, if you would like to change your screen name, just let me know.