Thanks Thanks:  17
Likes Likes:  65
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
Page 4 of 119 FirstFirst 123456789141924293439444954104 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do with your Miata today?

⚙ Gearhead 1K+
    Post Thanks / Like

What did you do with your Miata today?

Tristan, looking forward to seeing the turbo install progress....nice job on the oil tap!

Joe, can't wait to see your green valve cover too!

I did a little bit today....it's kind of overwhelming...I took off the hood and removed a few parts (strut bar, crossover pipe, heat shield), and pb blasted some stuff. Then went and got the crank bolt loosened off of the 92 engine. That's all I did though, only had an hour to work on it, and it was so dang hot that's all I wanted to do anyways.

Did you notice a sharp increase in aggressive mosquitos lately at your place because I can't go into the garage for 30 seconds (not exagerrating) without my ankles being eaten up.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks =)

Copied & Pasted my previous post onto the DIY section :woohoo

Joe, please upload some photos... I want to paint mine too but in black! something like this =)

I?m going to keep everything black, so it looks the most OEM as possible... here in Spain we have lot of problems with MOT (don?t know if you call it like this in the US).. "Ministry of Transport test"... we have to pay a fortune when you modified your car :reallypissed

Drives
    1999 MX5
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by YellowYata
    Did you notice a sharp increase in aggressive mosquitos lately at your place because I can't go into the garage for 30 seconds (not exagerrating) without my ankles being eaten up.
    God yes, I don't know which is worse, the mosquitos or the humidity/heat. Go through a can of Deep Woods Off mosquito repellant every week working in the garage.
    99 Emerald Mica, 01 Header, Ground Control Springs w/Bilstein HDs. Thompson CAI, High Flow cat w/Borla Exhaust, Fab9 COP's
    Good Judgement Comes From Experience
    Experience Comes From Bad Judgement

Drives
    1999 MX5
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tristan75
    I?m going to keep everything black, so it looks the most OEM as possible... here in Spain we have lot of problems with MOT (don?t know if you call it like this in the US).. "Ministry of Transport test"... we have to pay a fortune when you modified your car :reallypissed

It depends what State you live in like California, Arizona, New Jersey are very strict. Florida has no restrictions or even auto inspections. I hear it's tough to get auto insurance in Canada if you modify your car.
    99 Emerald Mica, 01 Header, Ground Control Springs w/Bilstein HDs. Thompson CAI, High Flow cat w/Borla Exhaust, Fab9 COP's
    Good Judgement Comes From Experience
    Experience Comes From Bad Judgement

Post Thanks / Like

Finally installed my cappuccino bottle :woohoo

Started with the miataroadster short shifter but had to stop as I need it to remove the old oil from the gearbox and had no tool for that , I will buy one now :facepalm

So, as I will finish with the gearbox and short shifter tomorrow... What I did today was to remove radiator, a/c radiator and side brackets to modify them and be able to install the intercooler (TDR clone)...

Will upload pictures later on :-)

Hmm, interested in the TDR clone as I don't have $1000 for the real thing.

Post Thanks / Like

sorry for the photo quality.

1. Cappuccino botle (Nopro).

2. Half way through the miataroadster short shifter install.

3. Removing everything to have space for intercooler... following TDR instructions but with some modifications :sweatin

TDR INTERCOOLER INSTALATION

modifiying side brackets...

but ... we have found a better way to modify them... more to come tomorrow...

Ohhhh... before I forget... final look it?s going to be like my friend?s car (Thanks Ben... for all the help).

Post Thanks / Like

YellowYata... what did you end up using for the short shift, delrin or beatrush bushing? :wuteva

Did you end up testing both?...

Yes, still testing but for now, I think I like the MiataRoadster Delrin bushing better than the Beatrush. For some reason, it feels tighter. Keep in mind, I'm testing both bushings on stock and MiataRoadster shifters.

Looks like your Miata is going to be awesome! Any idea what HP you're going to have? I can't wait to see the project.

Today, I slowly but surely install shelving and peg board for all my tools. It'll make the garage look better and make it easier to work on Miatas. Also today, one of my dad's friends just got a blue NC for $14k after a deal for a black, convertible 350z for $17k fell through.

It's his first car, much less a Miata, since moving from the giant, cruising motorcycle lifestyle. I hear he's been driving it like crazy and loving it so I think we may have a new member soon.