Thanks Thanks:  17
Likes Likes:  65
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
Page 46 of 119 FirstFirst ... 61116212631364142434445464748495051566166717681869196 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do with your Miata today?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do with your Miata today?

With the help of a "Coach", I started the body work last night. (Pictures to follow) We started attacking 12 year worth of parking lot dings, I'm sure this will fit in the boot dings, I'm sure I can fit between these two bushes scratches, and I think I can pull up a little closer to the wheel-stop bloody noses!

It's a great place to start, no rust, no structural damage, just dings and dents, and sunburned clearcoat.

Sure it looks like hell with bondo acne starting to erupt everywhere (The primer would be like Clearisil) but to me it's beautiful. Cause I know that the dings are going away and fresh GREEN, yes I said GREEN paint is in it's future!
    8)
    2000: 01+ Mani, FM VMaxx XXtreme Sport, NRG 330mm Wheel, S-Drives, R-Speed Lip, HDHCHT Rollbar, Big ass airhorns

Drives
    1999 MX5
    Post Thanks / Like

We have used a paintless dent repair guy that does excellent work. He was at the All Miata meet last year and also at the Sebring meet. Have his contact number if interested. WolfTDI, Yata, and I can vouch for his work. He got an impossible dent out of my hood! Some other tough ones without body work/painting.
    99 Emerald Mica, 01 Header, Ground Control Springs w/Bilstein HDs. Thompson CAI, High Flow cat w/Borla Exhaust, Fab9 COP's
    Good Judgement Comes From Experience
    Experience Comes From Bad Judgement

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by minuteman048
    We have used a paintless dent repair guy that does excellent work. He was at the All Miata meet last year and also at the Sebring meet. Have his contact number if interested. WolfTDI, Yata, and I can vouch for his work. He got an impossible dent out of my hood! Some other tough ones without body work/painting.
    Thanks anyway...
    This guy does great PDR, in fact with the exception of the sunburn he could have gotten most of the dings. The point is that I want to learn how to do it so that in the future, I am not at the mercy of the bodyshop if I want to get a scratch or a ding out!
    2000: 01+ Mani, FM VMaxx XXtreme Sport, NRG 330mm Wheel, S-Drives, R-Speed Lip, HDHCHT Rollbar, Big ass airhorns

Drives
    1999 MX5
    Post Thanks / Like

I hate body work! Ever watch Wheeler Dealers on the Velocity Channel??
    99 Emerald Mica, 01 Header, Ground Control Springs w/Bilstein HDs. Thompson CAI, High Flow cat w/Borla Exhaust, Fab9 COP's
    Good Judgement Comes From Experience
    Experience Comes From Bad Judgement

Post Thanks / Like

I look forward to see some photos 2001SE =)

*Yellow: Chicken legs, beef meat from the asado (steak and beef ribs), chorizo (pork sausage), and the super Chimichurri sauce.

Post Thanks / Like

I finished bolting in the Rollbar. Mostly it went per the instructions but there are a few "fill in the blanks" anyhooo, it's bolted in, looks very manly feels rock solid! Now it's time cut (gasp) the quarter trim, carpet, package shelf cover etc. Wish me luck!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Pics or ban. ;)

Post Thanks / Like

yay!! that was superfast !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Boris
    Pics or ban. ;)
    You guys are tough! I think Borris is in line for a mod position!
    I will get photos up. Right now, I would rather just keep working on it.
    Stand By
    "A girl can dream right?"

Post Thanks / Like

That's a lot of work. Pat yourself on the back. Getting everything trimmed back to look like it belongs is a trial of patience. Hope you don't make any miscuts. Remember cardboard templates are your friend.
    2001 SE British Racing Green - FM frame rails - FM solid sway bar - FM clutch- Mishimoto 53mm radiator - Koni SRTs - Complete MK Turbo kit with intercooler - 3'' custom exhaust - Custom door panels - Custom "shorty" console