Thanks Thanks:  17
Likes Likes:  65
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
Page 3 of 119 FirstFirst 12345678131823283338434853103 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do with your Miata today?

What did you do with your Miata today?

I had repaired this:

That's the reason why my car is out of the road again. Hopefully it'll be finished soon. On Sunday the engine was mounted complete, but without a wrench to get the O2 sensor out (and the new WBO2 in), stoped the reasembly proccess. I still have the SC out, but everithing else is on it's place, all conectors, lines and so on. This week I must source a wrench to change the O2 sensor, install a dome for the AFR clock, install the MS and finish with my new RX8 injectors and SC on it's place. Not a great job as it appears, but it's cool to see things coming as a running car!

Jester, that sucks! I just hand polish that with carcauba wax. I never thought of using a Dremmel. Actually, I'd just like to get rid of it all together and get individual lenses for each gauge.

Taiman...ouch! Is the piston okay? Too bad you weren't closer. I have a special O2 sensor socket that make it so easy.

Piston is OK, not the same as the first time this ocurred (this time is piston 1, the other time was the 4) when the piston appeared with a hole. It was because there wasn't any fuel-timming management for the SC, and in Hi-rev range it runs lean (I mean poor of gas, is it said so?) and overheated the stock spark plugs till one of them blow. The ceramic parts from the sparkplug causes the ex valve broke.
    Now I have a full standalone MS2 PnP to solve this, and a wbo2 to control the AFR.

Since my car's been on jacks while I work on the roll bar install, I've noticed a damned web with leaves cought up in it every day. I take a broom (and my hands) and clean it all out and the next day, same thing appears. So, while I was working on the rear foot of the roll bar in the rear wheel well, I look up at my knuckles and an inch away from what has been causing this:

Needless to say, I don't have the web problem anymore. Good thing too because along the webbing was about a hundred miniscule baby widows ready to infest my car and the garage. I feel bad they only lived a day but what can I say... One footnote to the story; Black Widow webs are particularly strong, unlike a typical house spider's. The fibers are hard to break and stick to your hand like glue. If you come across a web like this, don't do what I did, clearing it out with my hand.

⚙ Gearhead 1K+
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow! No good man! Glad you caught it before they all hatched though.

I had a spider problem in my old Equinox... A whole nest of spiders and they Infested the interior. Just normal tree spiders though. I park outside and every morning I would get in and bits of web were all across the dash...they would feed on the Mosquitos that got in my car every morning as I loaded up my car. I ended up placing two 'bug bombs' in the interior and letting it sit like that overnight....worked like a charm.

Post Thanks / Like

Picked up Miata from body shop. Work looks good. I could be happier if color matched better but I'm probably being to picky. After driving that slushbox Ford Fusion for a week and a half I'm just happy to get my car back.
    2001 SE British Racing Green - FM frame rails - FM solid sway bar - FM clutch- Mishimoto 53mm radiator - Koni SRTs - Complete MK Turbo kit with intercooler - 3'' custom exhaust - Custom door panels - Custom "shorty" console

⚙ Gearhead 1K+
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Morreale
    Picked up Miata from body shop. Work looks good. I could be happier if color matched better but I'm probably being to picky. After driving that slushbox Ford Fusion for a week and a half I'm just happy to get my car back.
    Glad you got it back!

I know what you mean about the fusion....I have one (company car....not my choice), the transmission is terrible in them.

Post Thanks / Like

As you all know, I will install a turbo (hopefully soon soon).

My friend & I have started with the oil pan (i?ve taken revlimiter instructions http://revlimiter.net/blog/2010/07/drilling-for-oil as a reference ) instead of using the fitting he is using, I have used an AN8 nipple (bought it online - aviation part - price around 2USD + shipping)..

Here we have some photos, where I?m testing before drilling the oil pan.

Testing on a piece of aluminum with the correct tools:

Now... no more testing, have to drill for real :sweatin .

As I still don?t have my turbo on, I have added a cap over the nipple till I complete the turbo installation.

I will drive for a week or so with the cheap oil, and will change it for a good one, as well as the oil filter which I left injust in case there is any residual inside :) I?ve also ordered an oil sandwhich (I hope it arrives soon, as I would like to install it when I do the complete oil change in 2 weeks, I have managed to find on ebay a german guy who sales the same oil cooler as FM the Setrab one. The only difference is that instead of 13 rows it has 10 rows, just negotiating with the german guy shipping rates. Should arrive at the same time as the oil sandwich (cross fingers).

More to come, next week... taking 2 days off to install the miataroadster short shift*, and intercooler with custom mounts, etc...

* YellowYata... which bushing did you end up trying - the delrin one or the beatrush one?

Post Thanks / Like

Painted valve cover british racing green to match exterior. Will post pics after installation.
    2001 SE British Racing Green - FM frame rails - FM solid sway bar - FM clutch- Mishimoto 53mm radiator - Koni SRTs - Complete MK Turbo kit with intercooler - 3'' custom exhaust - Custom door panels - Custom "shorty" console

Tristan, that'svgreat work! Really should be in the DIY section for a reference to everyone because it is so creativel

Joe, i haven't seen a green valve cover but I bet it looks nice. Did you get some shiney new bolts to mount it back on? Can't wait to see it. Maybe a DIY also?

Congrats on Gearhead status you just made with your last post!

:waves