Thanks Thanks:  17
Likes Likes:  65
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
Page 31 of 119 FirstFirst ... 61116212627282930313233343536414651566166717681 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do with your Miata today?

Drives
    1999 MX5
    Post Thanks / Like

What did you do with your Miata today?

You da man Joe! I think you should win the most versatile way to use you Miata award. You could mount signs to it and charge to advertise. Chaching! $$$$$
    99 Emerald Mica, 01 Header, Ground Control Springs w/Bilstein HDs. Thompson CAI, High Flow cat w/Borla Exhaust, Fab9 COP's
    Good Judgement Comes From Experience
    Experience Comes From Bad Judgement

I thought Joe was going totally ricer with his new wing.

Post Thanks / Like

:rotf you otta wrap that ladder in tin-foil
    and try and pass it off as one bad spoiler...
    :whistling
    "a simple car, a simple life..."

Post Thanks / Like

I wish I had a hitch on my miata! =)

Post Thanks / Like

Very ingenious Joe
    2000: 01+ Mani, FM VMaxx XXtreme Sport, NRG 330mm Wheel, S-Drives, R-Speed Lip, HDHCHT Rollbar, Big ass airhorns

Got a little Miata time in and seriously need to finish my interior! Roll bar still isn't complete and the list gets longer and longer. Have to do the doors next. This is what burns me out but then I remember I've been needed to do this for three years now so once I'm past this big hump, it'll be small, one-day projects from now on.

Running wire all over including extra power wires from battery to console and dash. Going to wire the cigarette lighter direct so I don't need to have the key in the ignition in order to use it. This is handy for those "memory savers" that plug in there to keep your computer settings and radio stations in memory when taking the battery out:

One tip, if you suspect it's going to rattle, it will. Now's the time to wrap the wiring in some foam pipe insulation to prevent rattles:

Fitting the custom speaker rings for 5.25" rear speakers:

Sanded, fitted and getting sealed. They're glued and screwed in from behind, not just glued in place with Elmer's I just use that to seal the ring and shelf together against moisture ;)

A hint of what I'm going for when it's all through. Still have a lot of sanding and finishing to do. The textured finish is Duplicolor truck bed finish and there are pieces of Dynamat you see here but will not be visible when the carpet is covering it. All that will be visible will be just the speakers themselves. I'm going to do a whole stereo system build thread afer I'm done so don't want to wear everyone out with too much here:

⚙ Gearhead 1K+
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks great! I know you said that speaker box was "custom" when I asked earlier...but it seems to perfect to the Miata curves, is there any other info you can give on it...like where I can get one!

Sure! It's called a Clearwater parcel shelf originally designed to mount 6.5" subwoofers but that kind of flopped as it's not very good at holding subs or at least I suspect it's too light to handle their vibration. For regular speakers though, it's cleverly perfect. It's a direct replacement for the stock parcel shelf and weighs almost nothing. It's made specifically for NA but can be adapted to an NB. It's been long out of production but keep your eyes out for a used one. Here's how it looks like new but mine is cut in half and modded for my roll bar.

⚙ Gearhead 1K+
    Post Thanks / Like

Sweet! If anyone see's one for sale....let me know! I'm off to scour the net for one!

Time to do the door wiring and get it mounted. I think I'm going to wire it for ground convenience lighting since it's sitting out.