Thanks Thanks:  17
Likes Likes:  65
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
Page 2 of 119 FirstFirst 1234567121722273237424752102 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do with your Miata today?

⚙ Gearhead 1K+
    Post Thanks / Like

What did you do with your Miata today?

Quote Originally Posted by YellowYata
    Precision modded my flip flops so I can move around the inside of the Miata better.

Wow....you will mod anything! :facepalm

Gotta say though, not your finest work. Very rough around the edges. I'd like to see a full write up with pics of you sanding out the curve :rotf

Pretty funny though!

I'm still installing lowering soles with higher spring rates along with some sanding for proper toe-in and camber. I'll do a full write up with pictures soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester~
    Quote Originally Posted by YellowYata
    Precision modded my flip flops so I can move around the inside of the Miata better.

Wow....you will mod anything! :facepalm

Gotta say though, not your finest work. Very rough around the edges. I'd like to see a full write up with pics of you sanding out the curve :rotf

Pretty funny though!
    Makes them lighter as well! Need to keep the weight down in our Miatas!

Quote Originally Posted by IhasMIATA?
    I drove over to my parents place to set up for the diff swap. BUT luckily before the rear end was taken apart I pulled up some pictures. The way the diff was welded would prevent the axles from sliding in all the way =[

So it's delayed another week ='[
    Oh nooooo. knocksense

Installing my roll bar...still. Someone said installing a Boss Frog, double-hoop roll bar was the equivalent of installing two regular ones. Boy was he off by half.

Today I have put the engine head in again, headers, and nearly all the stuff, excepting the charger and the 2 water lines that go between intake header and oil filter (I didn't remember where did one of these go, and after a time sorting it, I surrendered :P). Tomorrow I will finish the mounting, pass the WBO2 loom inside the dash and mount the MS.

⚙ Gearhead 1K+
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Taiman81
    Today I have put the engine head in again, headers, and nearly all the stuff, excepting the charger and the 2 water lines that go between intake header and oil filter (I didn't remember where did one of these go, and after a time sorting it, I surrendered :P). Tomorrow I will finish the mounting, pass the WBO2 loom inside the dash and mount the MS.
    Wow....big day! What happened that you had to pull the head?

--

Today I tracked down and fixed an exhaust leak, ....although, I kind of miss the added noise!

I also attempted to do the 'seat belt mod' for roll bars....but realized I'm in a little different situation and would have to nearly remove the roll bar to make the necessary changes to fix the retraction problem.....so im gonna procrastinate on fixing it.

I did it with the roll bar still on. You'll have to do some careful feeding of the spacers onto the bolt. The end nut had to be glued to a long screwdriver and fed from above. Hard to describe. I'll demo when I see you next time.

Anyway, today I met Deliverance (Club Roadster) in the Everglades to swap bumpers. Well, I got his NB1 bumper and he got my NB2 spoiler. I drove through rain so bad, I couldn't see more than 20 feet in front of the car. We were all going down the highway about 10mph with our hazzards on. Finally made it to a rest stop and there were hourdes of us and motorcyclists waiting out the storm.

Took a break from the roll bar to work on polishing some headlights. Once again, there is no 5-minute fix, especially from a spray bottle. In the second photo, the top headlight is properly polished using power tools, 200, 500, 1500 grit sand papers then polishing compound. The bottom is light "polished" with a spray bottle of instant headlight restorer. (mmm hmm). :facepalm

Also decided to try the oven bake procedure on an NB2 projector light assembly. Success! 200 degrees for 20 minutes and I was able to pull it apart. All this is for another project thread but here's a quickie:

⚙ Gearhead 1K+
    Post Thanks / Like

^ look good!

I decided to polish the plastic gauge cover so I could install my new stainless gauge bezel....well, I guess pushed to hard when polishing....damn!!! (sorry White Knight...I guess I don't have a spare for you anymore :( )