Thanks Thanks:  17
Likes Likes:  65
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
Page 116 of 119 FirstFirst ... 1666717681869196101106111112113114115116117118119 LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 1184

Thread: What did you do with your Miata today?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do with your Miata today?

Quote Originally Posted by pdexta View Post
    Nice numbers. Mind sharing details on the motor? Was that about what you were expecting?
    I was expecting right around there, knowing it made 220/180 at 7200 with the same setup on stock internals. This is still a fairly safe tune, since we don't have any knock sensing capability on the car.

It's a c30-74 Rotrex with 80mm pulley. Skunk2 TB, but still a VICS intake manifold. Exaust is RB header and Enthuza NA Racer, with no cat. Engine has Carrillo Super Pro A rods, custom CP pistons, balanced assembly, and a 7 lb flywheel. The head work was done by a shop in Charlotte NC, and includes +1 Supertech valves and Supertech springs. The engine will rev to (and make power to) 8k without a problem, but you can see by the graph the redline is currently at 7500.
    '93 (Red no more). 15x10, Xida CS, Torsen, Carbotech, Racing Beat, Enthuza, Rotrex C30-74, Precision FMIC, Tial, Skunk2, Haltech, Momo, Hard Dog, LanceSpeed, Blackbird Fabworx, etc.

2. Likes pdexta liked this post
    Drives
    1999 MX5
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=minuteman048;5 8984]Did start off with a problem right at the beginning. Unbolting the power cable, the rubber/plastic insulator disintegrated and has to be replaced, Hope I can still buy that and don't like that connection unprotected. [QUOTE]

Cant believe the time I am having finding these! Mazda wants you to buy the entire harness. All four area auto parts stores (Autozone, Advance, O'Reillys, NAPA) looked at me like I had two heads when I asked for it and I had to show them a picture. "We don't have that" was their response! Really? Had to go on the internet to find what I wanted and am really disappointed in the parts stores lately.

What I am looking for: https://www.remybattery.com/4-gauge-...protector.html
    99 Emerald Mica, 01 Header, Ground Control Springs w/Bilstein HDs. Thompson CAI, High Flow cat w/Borla Exhaust, Fab9 COP's
    Good Judgement Comes From Experience
    Experience Comes From Bad Judgement

4. Thanks Tristan75 thanked for this post
    Likes Tristan75 liked this post
    Drives
    1999 MX5
    Post Thanks / Like

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_2051.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	25.2 KB 
ID:	3243Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_2052.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	29.0 KB 
ID:	3244

Installed my starter hot wire terminal insulator. The connection is a flat blade terminal connection about 3/4" and has a 90 degree bend. As you can see the old one (black) broke off at the 90. Had to modify the new one and cut the round wire opening off and slit the flat area to fit the blade. It was too long so I had to cut it back a bit. It fit perfect and I tightened up the cable and was done. If any of you guys run into this you can get this connector from Remy Battery and order it from their website.

My old starter must have been tired because the new one turns the engine over so much faster. Hope this starter is good for another 20 years.
    99 Emerald Mica, 01 Header, Ground Control Springs w/Bilstein HDs. Thompson CAI, High Flow cat w/Borla Exhaust, Fab9 COP's

6. Thanks Tristan75 thanked for this post
    Likes Tristan75 liked this post
    Deep state actor ☚☻☛ Agent☣Orange's Avatar
    Drives
    Lilí red Corvette
    Post Thanks / Like

The original starter lasted only 19 years? Total junk!

Drives
    1999 MX5
    Post Thanks / Like

20 years! The car was manufactured in August 1998. I almost can't tell if you are being sarcastic or not.

Deep state actor ☚☻☛ Agent☣Orange's Avatar
    Drives
    Lilí red Corvette
    Post Thanks / Like

Haha! It’s Sunday night. Loosen up.

Is there anything made now that’s supposed to last 20 years?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Agent☣Orange View Post
    Haha! It’s Sunday night. Loosen up.

Is there anything made now that’s supposed to last 20 years?
    Well, the battery in my NC couldn't even make nine years. Saturday afternoon I went out to the garage to fire up the roadster and it cranked two or three rotations and then went click - click - click. :-/ If it's gonna sit a while i usually have it hooked up to a battery tender, but it had only been a couple weeks since the last time I drove it.No, I take that back... I moved it out of the garage on Friday to put my winter tires on it. It was a bit sluggish, but started. Twice, actually. Once to park it outside and again to move it back in the garage. Then Saturday... bupkis. I put it on my big charger, set at 2 amps, overnight and then back on the battery tender early Sunday morning. The green light was showing by noon, so as of now it has a full charge. Now how long it will hold it on it's own is another story. I'm afraid to trust it now. I've heard stories about these little batteries dying suddenly, leaving the owner stranded. Especially with winter right around the corner. So the search is on for a good replacement. Probably end up with an EverStart from Wallyworld. I looked at some of the glass-matt batteries, and gosh... three hundred bucks for a battery? Ha! Fat chance! Good timing too. I was planning on replacing the two front tires on my other car this week. (Ford Escape) $$$Ouch$$$

Eh... it's only money. Can't take it with you...
    Jerry Layman
    2010 Stormy Blue Mica PRHT

Post Thanks / Like

Agm batteries for our cars at batteries plus are about $125. Use the 10% off order online, pick up in store coupon. They install for free. DON'T use a lead acid battery. It will eat your trunk.
    2001 SE British Racing Green - FM frame rails - FM solid sway bar - FM clutch- Mishimoto 53mm radiator - Koni SRTs - Complete MK Turbo kit with intercooler - 3'' custom exhaust - Custom door panels - Custom "shorty" console

12. Likes Pmarcuzzo liked this post
    Drives
    1999 MX5
    Post Thanks / Like

NC's did not come with AGM batteries and they are located under the hood.

You drive your Miata in the winter? Arrgh That's OK in Florida, but Nebraska?

✨ Senior Gearhead 3K+ SmileyFace's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey, my NC's Battery lasted only 2 Year, and yes it is under the hood right up front where you can clip on with starter cables without having to drag them over the fenders.
    Mario E Ordonez
    SmileyFace is a 2014 MX-5 Miata NC dressed in Black Mica and Coco cinnamon leather seats.