Thanks Thanks:  17
Likes Likes:  65
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
Page 115 of 119 FirstFirst ... 1565707580859095100105110111112113114115116117118119 LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 1184

Thread: What did you do with your Miata today?

Deep state actor ☚☻☛ Agent☣Orange's Avatar
    Drives
    Lilí red Corvette
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do with your Miata today?

That is sound reasoning. Personally, I would have been tempted toward a new set of SPAL fans like Joe has.

Drives
    1999 MX5
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Agent☣Orange View Post
    That is sound reasoning. Personally, I would have been tempted toward a new set of SPAL fans like Joe has.
    $300.00 + . Just spent a bunch on other spare parts and have a trip to pay for.
    99 Emerald Mica, 01 Header, Ground Control Springs w/Bilstein HDs. Thompson CAI, High Flow cat w/Borla Exhaust, Fab9 COP's
    Good Judgement Comes From Experience
    Experience Comes From Bad Judgement

Drives
    1999 MX5
    Post Thanks / Like

Fan and shroud came on Friday. Tested good and installed it on Saturday and it came off a car with 60,000 miles on it from the Parts Group. As I wrapped that up the FedEx truck pulled up and dropped off my Denso starter from Rock Auto. As he pulled out the mailman showed up and dropped off my cooling fan relay from Priority Mazda. Installed that in about 15 minutes.

The relay is hidden in another relay box inboard of the main under hood fuse/relay box under the top of the fender.. You have to loosen a couple of bolts to get to it including moving the main fuse /relay box out of the way. It's the relay closest to the firewall. Was going to test it but the grand kids came over and wanted to swim in the pool with Pop Pop. Just for the hell of it I tested the old fan and now it worked, but I still would have changed it. New relay, low mileage fan motor, good 30 amp large type fuse, if I still have problems I might have to replace the temperature sensor. Have to check the wiring diagram, but the temp gauge works and I am assuming its on the same circuit. The temperature sensor sends a signal to the ECM and the ECM turns on the cooling fan. Hope I don't have another wiring problem. Stay tuned.

The starter goes in tomorrow so I can return the core and get my core charge back.
    Last edited by minuteman048; 09-29-2018 at 04:55 PM.
    99 Emerald Mica, 01 Header, Ground Control Springs w/Bilstein HDs. Thompson CAI, High Flow cat w/Borla Exhaust, Fab9 COP's

Drives
    1999 MX5
    Post Thanks / Like

I wasn't going to test this till the morning, but it would probably keep me up all night. I just went out in the garage and started the car and turned on the AC. Both fans came on..........problem solved.

Tomorrow I do the starter. I hate this endless heat!

Deep state actor ☚☻☛ Agent☣Orange's Avatar
    Drives
    Lilí red Corvette
    Post Thanks / Like

I knew your original fan was good! Why not do the dual-fan mod at the fuseblock?

Drives
    1999 MX5
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't need it. Read up on this option and flows too much current through the relay shotening it's life. Current fan circuit should be good for another 20 years.

Drives
    1999 MX5
    Post Thanks / Like

The Road Warrior is road worthy again. Installed the starter this afternoon and took about two hours. Spent a lot of time crawling in and out from under the car trying to figure out what size sockets/wrenches I needed (12 & 14 mm) and what combinations of tools (extensions/universals) I needed to get the three bolts in and out. Getting it back in and lining up the bolt holes was a little tough. Two screwed into the starter from the bell housing side and the lower one was through bolted from the engine side with a nut. The trick was tightening up the lower bolt till the flanges just about touched and with a little manipulation the other two bolts caught the threads of the starter.

Did start off with a problem right at the beginning. Unbolting the power cable, the rubber/plastic insulator disintegrated and has to be replaced, Hope I can still buy that and don't like that connection unprotected.

Had the car jacked up on all four corners to get underneath it because I had to remove the bolts from the transmission side behind the front wheel. Almost every job you realize you are still short of tools. Started off using 1/2 inch drive tools but found out I did not have long enough extensions to reach it from under the car so I had to use 3/8 inch drive tools. Because of space limitations, I could not use deep sockets. Had trouble because I realized I do not have standard size 3/8th inch 6-point sockets. Next trip to Sears or Lowes will solve that.

Finished the job and tested the starter and oh what a beautiful sound. A fresh starter told me the old original one was tired. Now I have to ship the old one back to get my core charge back.

8. Likes Pmarcuzzo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Took the car to a dyno day to get a baseline for this winter's mods.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20180929_112245_003.jpg   Screenshot_20180930-130856_Gmail.jpg  
    '93 (Red no more). 15x10, Xida CS, Torsen, Carbotech, Racing Beat, Enthuza, Rotrex C30-74, Precision FMIC, Tial, Skunk2, Haltech, Momo, Hard Dog, LanceSpeed, Blackbird Fabworx, etc.

10. Likes pdexta liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice numbers. Mind sharing details on the motor? Was that about what you were expecting?
    Scott
    2000 SE Miata ♦ 6sp, MS3X, GTX2860 @ 20psi, E85
    2005 Civic Hybrid ♦ 5sp

Post Thanks / Like

indeed... nice numbers :)