Thanks Thanks:  17
Likes Likes:  65
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
Page 114 of 119 FirstFirst ... 146469747984899499104109110111112113114115116117118 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 1184

Thread: What did you do with your Miata today?

Drives
    1999 MX5
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do with your Miata today?

Installed stainless steel brake lines and flushed brake and clutch fluid. Also replaced missing clip on my left front brake line. No more tire rub on brake line.
    99 Emerald Mica, 01 Header, Ground Control Springs w/Bilstein HDs. Thompson CAI, High Flow cat w/Borla Exhaust, Fab9 COP's
    Good Judgement Comes From Experience
    Experience Comes From Bad Judgement

2. Likes Jaysz28 liked this post
    ✨ Senior Gearhead 3K+ SmileyFace's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by minuteman048 View Post
    Installed stainless steel brake lines and flushed brake and clutch fluid. Also replaced missing clip on my left front brake line. No more tire rub on brake line.
    Wow, your NB had a body rub and all because of a missing security clip, tsk tsk not nice to loose a security clip.
    Mario E Ordonez
    SmileyFace is a 2014 MX-5 Miata NC dressed in Black Mica and Coco cinnamon leather seats.

Drives
    1999 MX5
    Post Thanks / Like

Apparently missing for a long time and I missed it.
    99 Emerald Mica, 01 Header, Ground Control Springs w/Bilstein HDs. Thompson CAI, High Flow cat w/Borla Exhaust, Fab9 COP's

Drives
    1999 MX5
    Post Thanks / Like

Will be ordering my starter tomorrow from Rock Auto and it will be a remanufactured unit from Denso.

Also so checked my radiator fan motor and it will be replaced. Mazda discontinued just the motor, but you can get it if you but the whole assembly with the bracket from Priority Mazda for about $180.00. Rock Auto has just the motor for $57.00, but with no plug and you have to splice in the old one or find and buy a new one. Will keep looking.

One oddity is that the relay cost the same whether it is from Rock Auto or Priority Mazda. $25.00 so I guess I'll get a factory one from Priority Mazda.

.lZ

Drives
    '90 Red w/Gold Stripe
    Post Thanks / Like

Splicing the plug is not a problem, I have plenty of butt splices with heat shrink tubing built in. Takes less than 5 minutes.
    Paul
    Slightly customized Red '90

Drives
    1999 MX5
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pmarcuzzo View Post
    Splicing the plug is not a problem, I have plenty of butt splices with heat shrink tubing built in. Takes less than 5 minutes.
    Have those too. Was hoping for a motor with a factory plug because sometimes the old ones have problems.

Drives
    '90 Red w/Gold Stripe
    Post Thanks / Like

No worries, just thought I'd work off some my debt in favors I owe you! :-)
    Paul
    Slightly customized Red '90

Drives
    1999 MX5
    Post Thanks / Like

Washed and cleaned up the car today from my road trip. Love bugs in Northern Florida and Southern Georgia, numerous repaving in progress areas getting tar on my 6UL's, remnants of granola bars in the interior. Also have to tweak and adjust numerous little do-dads like my roof latches and one of my exhaust hangers which was causing a vibration.

Next will pull fan relay and fan and bench test it. They hid this one in a box between the main under hood fuse box and and right fender well. Will replace both regardless. Ordered my Denso re-manufactured starter.

Deep state actor ☚☻☛ Agent☣Orange's Avatar
    Drives
    Lilí red Corvette
    Post Thanks / Like

I bet your original fan is still good. I’ve had to remove that tar before and I use Goo Gone. It doesn’t hurt painted surfaces either.

Drives
    1999 MX5
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Agent☣Orange View Post
    I bet your original fan is still good. Iíve had to remove that tar before and I use Goo Gone. It doesnít hurt painted surfaces either.
    No, eliminated the relay. That works so I ordered a fan assembly in its shroud from the Parts Group fro $55.00 plus shipping. Rock Auto lists one generic without a plug of questionable origin. Mazda discontinued them unless you buy the whole assembly, and if I went to Moss or Flying Miata I could get a new OEM motor for $186.00.....Not!

The one I am getting is clean and comes off a car with only 60,000 miles on it. I don't usually buy used electric parts, but I'm not paying that kind of money for a fan that should cost at least $100.00 less.

http://partsgroup.com/part/99-05-maz...-025-bp4w15025

12. Likes Pmarcuzzo liked this post