Thanks Thanks:  17
Likes Likes:  65
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
Page 108 of 119 FirstFirst ... 8586368737883889398103104105106107108109110111112113118 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1184

Thread: What did you do with your Miata today?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do with your Miata today?

I've had issues fixing black plastic. My best luck has been with an epoxy specifically for black plastic. I got it at Advanced auto. I would try to source a use one though. Possibly aftermarket.
    2001 SE British Racing Green - FM frame rails - FM solid sway bar - FM clutch- Mishimoto 53mm radiator - Koni SRTs - Complete MK Turbo kit with intercooler - 3'' custom exhaust - Custom door panels - Custom "shorty" console

Post Thanks / Like

Changing plugs. (NGK 4644) and oil/filter. Rotella T-6, which I've been using for years and a K & N filter with the 1'' nut on it, which I've also been using for years. The 1'' nut makes loosening the filter a breeze, from up top.
    2001 SE British Racing Green - FM frame rails - FM solid sway bar - FM clutch- Mishimoto 53mm radiator - Koni SRTs - Complete MK Turbo kit with intercooler - 3'' custom exhaust - Custom door panels - Custom "shorty" console

3. Likes Agent☣Orange liked this post
    Drives
    '90 Red w/Gold Stripe
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Morreale View Post
    I've had issues fixing black plastic. My best luck has been with an epoxy specifically for black plastic. I got it at Advanced auto. I would try to source a use one though. Possibly aftermarket.
    West Marine sold a product called G-Flex, I used it on my cracked dash. It is good stuff. Their demo ad they cut a kayak in half, glue it together and throw it off a one story roof. So far my dash doesn't seem to have recracked, can really tell under the covering, but it looks good!
    Paul
    Slightly customized Red '90

✨ Senior Gearhead 3K+ SmileyFace's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Morreale View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions Paul, I've been looking every where on the internet for used, new after market skirts to no avail, I found two locations in Florida that purchases totaled Miatas and part out the undamaged items. I even found a 2014 black Miata Club that was being parted, however the car was T boned on the right side. I also found one after market skirt for an NC but they wanted the same price as a genuine Miata new skirt. I plan to use epoxy to replace the broken clip and the cracked end plate. The Bondo is for the ground corners and scratches. I'm taking Smiley in for an oil change and will price out the skirt and clip & lock package.
    Mario E Ordonez
    SmileyFace is a 2014 MX-5 Miata NC dressed in Black Mica and Coco cinnamon leather seats.

Deep state actor ☚☻☛ Agent☣Orange's Avatar
    Drives
    Lilí red Corvette
    Post Thanks / Like

Drives
    '99 Miata
    Post Thanks / Like

The Jeep TJ plugs arrived today, fit great!

Wrapped up the trunk resto. I trimmed the moulded pieces to access shock adjusters and other stuff without having to remove them. I finished the edges with rubber c-channel.

And put it all together

Drives
    Lilí red Corvette
    Post Thanks / Like

I like what you did with the extra access for the shock. I too bought a roll of C channel to use back there on mine. What is that wiring hanging out there?

Post Thanks / Like

What did you do with your Miata today?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent[emoji1282
    Orange;57899] What is that wiring hanging out there?
    Hi ✌️

I think it might be the cable for the power antenna?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drives
    '99 Miata
    Post Thanks / Like

Close. Itís the switched power for my driver cooling system. When Iím at the track, there is a vessel filled with ice water mounted on a quick release bracket on the rollbar, like this:

Thereís a little pump on it that moves the water through a maze of tubing sewn to my shirt, keeping me cool. That wire is connected to the trigger wire on the power antenna. The antenna isnít connected, but I can turn the pump on/off simply by turning on the car stereo. :)

I usually have to change the water (add ice) a few times at an event. Keeping the setup simple facilitates that.

Drives
    Lilí red Corvette
    Post Thanks / Like

I want that!

If only to mow my lawn.