Thanks Thanks:  17
Likes Likes:  65
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
Page 101 of 119 FirstFirst ... 51566166717681869196979899100101102103104105106111116 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1184

Thread: What did you do with your Miata today?

Drives
    '99 Miata
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do with your Miata today?

I borrowed a HF bearing/BJ toolkit from a buddy. You can see it in the top of the image above. One of the pieces lines up with the metal cup of the OE diff bushings perfectly. I placed the diff on wood blocks to support the carrier arms. One hit with a 3# hammer and the bushing comes mostly out, the second hit (tap) removes it. The PU bushings slide in pretty easy as whipr mentions. It's 3-4 hour job solo.

A 3.9 and a 5sp would be alright on a FI car, I think. On an n/a, it would be a little slow.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I'm . . . or well should be FI again soon. . . 250-270hp should be obtainable with my setup, but if I don't change the head to a 99-00 I may be closer to 250hp. I think with a bit of torque the 3.9 and a 5 speed would respond well for a dd. Prob not the best for track or auto x.

3. Likes Agent☣Orange liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The 3.63 rear is popular with the six speed turboed crowd. I would think the 3.9 would be a good choice for a five speed. From my recent experiences they are more rare and expensive than a 4.1 or 4.3.
    2001 SE British Racing Green - FM frame rails - FM solid sway bar - FM clutch- Mishimoto 53mm radiator - Koni SRTs - Complete MK Turbo kit with intercooler - 3'' custom exhaust - Custom door panels - Custom "shorty" console

Drives
    '99 Miata
    Post Thanks / Like

I couldn't find the 3.63 gearset on Mazdaspeed. Their p/n is coming back as NLA?

Post Thanks / Like

Miata Roadster lists an oem 3.63 ring and pinion for $699. Google 3.63 ring and pinion Miata and it come up.
    2001 SE British Racing Green - FM frame rails - FM solid sway bar - FM clutch- Mishimoto 53mm radiator - Koni SRTs - Complete MK Turbo kit with intercooler - 3'' custom exhaust - Custom door panels - Custom "shorty" console

Drives
    '99 Miata
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I grabbed the P/N to see if mazda comp offered it cheaper.

Deep state actor ☚☻☛ Agent☣Orange's Avatar
    Drives
    Lil’ red Corvette
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kung fu jesus View Post
    AO, here’s a pic:

The cut mat the camera is sitting on has a grid in inches for reference.

Here is the Amazon link:

ROAV by Anker Dash Cam C1, Car Recorder with Sony Sensor, 1080P FHD, 4-Lane Wide-Angle View Lens, Built-in WiFi with APP, G-Sensor, WDR, Loop Recording, Night Mode, Parking Mode [Upgraded Version] https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XNSDRW8..._R9RjBb6W7H9R2
    Thanks. I was only asking because I use a polarizer on my dash cam which has a magnetic ring around the lens. It eliminates and windshield and dash reflections along with clearing up the image ahead. I wasn't sure if yours is the same size and magnetized but I have this extra polarizer you can have if that's the case.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5072.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	45.0 KB 
ID:	2957

✨ Senior Gearhead 3K+ SmileyFace's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by minuteman048 View Post
    I drilled the rubber of mine out and getting them out was easy. I wish I would have taken photos of that while we were trying to install the new ones. We were just too pissed.
    It was just the two of us doing the work so I didn't have time to photograph the process + my hands where as greasy as MM to hold a camera or my iPhone.
    Mario E Ordonez
    SmileyFace is a 2014 MX-5 Miata NC dressed in Black Mica and Coco cinnamon leather seats.

Drives
    '99 Miata
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Agent☣Orange View Post
    Thanks. I was only asking because I use a polarizer on my dash cam which has a magnetic ring around the lens. It eliminates and windshield and dash reflections along with clearing up the image ahead. I wasn't sure if yours is the same size and magnetized but I have this extra polarizer you can have if that's the case.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5072.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	45.0 KB 
ID:	2957

Oh, cool! Let me try to get some calipers on it this week and I'll get back to you!

Drives
    '99 Miata
    Post Thanks / Like

Tried to get some motivation to do some stuff, and did.

Fixed the driveline clunk (loose rear axle nut), fixed a wonky center console cup holder lid (added a washer to capture the spring), insulated the doors (noticeably quieter, doors close with a nice sound). I wanted to align the rear wheels, couldn't muster the energy.