Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: SWFL Gearheads Club Family BBQ: Fall 2011

⚙ Gearhead 1K+
    Post Thanks / Like

SWFL Gearheads Club Family BBQ: Fall 2011

The Gearhead Miata Club of Southwest Florida happily invites all members, their families (children especially) and friends along with anyone in the general public to come join us for our first annual club barbecue. This is purely a social event, no Miata wrenching allowed...unless it's the Paintless Dent Repair guy doing it.

You do not need to drive a Miata to the BBQ as most families won't fit in one. Please check out this thread to see what others are bringing and then sign up to bring something yourself. Food, plates, utensils, cups, drinks, condiments, fans, music and games are among some of the things needed.

*Please copy and paste the current list into your post and then add your name and whether your want dent man services or not. For example: 7. Joe Smith, hot dogs and buns, dentman - yes/no

If enough people sign up for it, we can have a PDR technician come to the event to cure our dents during the BBQ but we need at least five people to sign up for it. Apparently he's quite the pro with many years experience and many astonished and happy customers.

Date - TBA
    Time - TBA
    Place - South Gulf Cove Park
    10150 Amicola St
    Port Charlotte, FL 33981

Mapquest map link

Parking area:

Clean restrooms - mens and womens:

This is the other side of the parking area...we wont use this, it is mainly for boat trailers for use of the boat ramp:

Covered pavilion with 6 large picnic tables:

View from Pavilion:

Playground for any kids that might come (mine will be there):

There is water right by the pavilion, and electric by the bathrooms....a long extension cord (minuteman is bringing one) will reach the pavilion area...I will bring a couple fans for a breeze to keep us cool!

Drives
    1999 MX5
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok, it's less than a month to the picnic so lets see if we are still interested. Since Jack can't make it we no longer have a main course. Since I live the closest to the park, I 'll bring my gas grill and volunteer to do most of the grilling. I also volunteered to bring the corn on the cob. We have to get serious now if we want to do this.

Also there was an interest to see if we can get the dent man out there, so how many are interested in his services before I call him to see if he is interested in making the trip?

1) Minuteman048 - Grill, Corn on the Cob, Dentman - yes
    99 Emerald Mica, 01 Header, Ground Control Springs w/Bilstein HDs. Thompson CAI, High Flow cat w/Borla Exhaust, Fab9 COP's
    Good Judgement Comes From Experience
    Experience Comes From Bad Judgement

⚙ Gearhead 1K+
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by minuteman048
    Ok, it's less than a month to the picnic so lets see if we are still interested. Since Jack can't make it we no longer have a main course. Since I live the closest to the park, I 'll bring my gas grill and volunteer to do most of the grilling. I also volunteered to bring the corn on the cob. We have to get serious now if we want to do this.

Also there was an interest to see if we can get the dent man out there, so how many are interested in his services before I call him to see if he is interested in making the trip?
    Awesome! Thanks for bringing the grill!

I can bring a corn hole game too...if anyone is interested. And a box fan to blow on us in the picnic area.

2) jester~ - yummy potatoes, Dentman - yes

It's still a month out and that's a long time. No idea why we planned this so far ahead of ti e to begin with when we should be planning events like this two weeks ahead, not two months because the excitement seems to wane and people forget.

Nevertheless, we are definitely slowly approaching the date so it will go in the Spotlight section in a couple weeks. Ooh, Dent Man is coming??? :smile Boy do I have a few that need attending to. I'm afraid it's not safe in my garage space insofar as someone not watching the end of the jack handle. Now if Jester brings his daughter, i can get my car washed and vacuumed too. Woo hoo!

Why are we starting the head count all over again? We were already at #6 with Joe.

What's a corn hole game? Anyone bringing hot dogs?

Post Thanks / Like

No dentman for me, but I'll need to use your grill for the sausages.
    2001 SE British Racing Green - FM frame rails - FM solid sway bar - FM clutch- Mishimoto 53mm radiator - Koni SRTs - Complete MK Turbo kit with intercooler - 3'' custom exhaust - Custom door panels - Custom "shorty" console

Oh, makes sense. IHas? Joe?

I hope it's okay that I edited the original post to fix some outdated information and add some more. Shall I delete the posts before Minuteman brought this back up again? (posts 2-11)

⚙ Gearhead 1K+
    Post Thanks / Like

Sure, go ahead and delete, that would clean it up. And delete this one too.

Btw, Cornhole is a bean bag game....you toss the bag onto a board with a hole in it.

Bring your quarters and Abby will wash your car....but be warned she has the attention span of a 4 year old (because she is), so it will be left half done. And she may decide to wash your interior with a hose!

I will attempt to attend, but no promises yet. I will plan on bringing a side dish so if I am not there it won't be a catastrophy. Probably my wifes baked mac and cheese.

Sorry for the indecisiveness. The travel team that I coach just won State and we are headed to the National Championships at the end of the month, so most of my energy will be put toward that endeavor.

Jester, your lil girl is soooo cute! I can just see here hosing down my stereo. ;) As per the dent man, is there any estimate on price or a package price so that people can decide yes or no? I think that's the holdup, people don't know how much it'll cost and don't want to commit. Anyone bringing beer and sharpened lawn darts? Also, sorry to say this BBQ is on my B-day and I have alternate plans.

2) jester~ - yummy potatoes, Dentman - yes
    3. Mx5er, peanut butter cake, case of Corona or Land Shark, Dentman - ?
    4. Joe Morreale, sausage, peppers and onions, Dentman - No
    5. (Maybe) Linn, Mac-n-cheese, Dentman - No

I have a big dent just behind the rear window I was told was "unrepairable"; caused by a softball . I'll bring a case of Corona or Land Shark besides the peanut butter cake. Michelle will be out of town; not sure if I want to call up someone from the farm club.